Studies show that consumption of fruits and vegetables in children and adolescents do not meet the required amounts. How to ensure that they get the percentage that allows them to have a balanced diet?
It is known to work and encourage parents to teach good eating habits in children, and make every moment enjoyable meals and family. However, in recent years there has been a change in the most households, now both parents work and family meals are limited to weekends.
Highly nutritious edible
Fruits and vegetables are the primary source of important nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and fiber. Therefore, their consumption is weak risk factor for the development of various chronic diseases: atherosclerosis (deposits of fat in the bloodstream), irritable bowel syndrome (produces diarrhea, constipation and abdominal pain), anemia (low red blood cell production almost always due to lack of iron) and constipation, among others.
It) is intensifying its efforts to encourage healthy eating habits among which promote the consumption of five servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
Doctors recommends consuming 400 grams of fruit and vegetables each day (equivalent to five servings, approximately) as invaluable help to prevent chronic diseases, including cardiovascular, cancer, diabetes type 2 (high blood sugar levels) and obesity.
Problems and solutions
It is common for children, especially preschoolers, have a special aversion to certain foods, like vegetables. Although preferences for meals must be respected and considered when planning meals, do not let the infant make its will.
"In this sense, it is important that the variety of foods that are cooked at home is very wide, in this way, children will have more options and less likely to reject. Furthermore, the above also enables them to understand the need and importance of eating all kinds of food, "suggests by the specialist.
Keep in mind that eating habits acquired by the child from earliest childhood, marked the habits for the rest of life. ( ayurvedicherbalcure.com/Herbs/guduchi.html )Few advise:
* Presenting the dishes in a fun way, with ingredients that provide colorful and attractive, it is a "hook" for children and young people because it draws attention and is palatable.
* Seek to start the day by eating some fruit, either chopped or juiced; also have the advantage that they can be easily carried to all places.
* Include lunch or lunch in a bowl of fruit or vegetables. And if it works, you always have these foods visible at home and reach the kids, keep in minds that if seen, are more likely to eat them.
* Always add a side of vegetables or fruit, whether in a salad or mashed, to the dishes prepared with meat.
* Use pureed vegetables to thicken soups and add flavor.
* Prepare desserts with vegetables (carrots, squash) and fruits.
* Cut food into curious shapes.
Helping children to eat more fruits and vegetables do not have to represent daunting task. In their school lunches can add different fruit each day of the week for which we have many options. At meals with vegetables and salads make colorful fruits, and always keep in mind that creativity before serving will be your best ally.
A proper system to keep in perfect health and at the same time, enjoy a full welfare state. For this it is necessary to comply with the following characteristics:
* Complete. It is necessary to combine different food groups to get all the nutrients we need.
* Varied. Our body requires about 40 different nutrients, which can only get by exchanging foods found within the same group.
* Enough. Remember that each meal must meet the energy needs and not to omit any.
* Balanced. The diet should contain between 60 and 65% carbohydrates, 10 to 15% protein and 25 to 30% fat.
* Harmless. Does not involve health risks.
Read more on herbal remedies and natural health supplement to boost immune system to prevent health diseases.